Here’s the plan:
* We will suspend class for two weeks. The weekend of March 27/28, we will reassess the situation and move on appropriately from there. If we need to suspend another week, we will do so. If we feel we can safely offer classes, we will do that. This will be done every week - we will go week-to-week until we can resume normal activities.
* We will get you Maracas materials next week so that you can have new music in your home during this stressful time. Our recurring thought is that music is a soother, and all the disruption is unsettling. New music, a new songbook and learning your new favorites is soothing and normal. Your teacher will send your welcome email and include instructions for our “drive-by materials pick up” during your usual class time next week.
* We are investigating online options, where we will give you and your family the opportunity to use in-home instruments (even pots and pans!) to join in some mini-music classes. THESE ARE NOT CLASS REPLACEMENTS, just a gift to you.
* We are investigating our options to extend the session into June, and if we can’t do that, we will give you a credit for the missed classes - usable in the Summer or Fall session.
Spring Session registrants have two options:
1. Do nothing. Carry on with your plan to join us for the Spring Session, hopefully starting the week of March 30. (with materials, online options, a possible extension of the session or a credit for missed classes).
2. You can cancel all together and join us in a future session. If you would like to choose this option, PLEASE CANCEL ASAP (by the end of this week & before you receive materials) to receive a full refund. Any request for refunds after that will result in a half refund per our refund policy. More information about our refund policy can be found here (https://
Preserving predictable, joyful and (until recently!) routine experiences like music class may be a valuable tool in your parenting box for maintaining inner calm (this may benefit your child AND YOU!)